About the Microsoft Outlook Extension
The Autotask MS Outlook Extension provides integration between Autotask and Microsoft Outlook email, calendar items, and contacts. You can work in Outlook and have access to many features of Autotask. This reduces duplicate data entry and ensures that the most current data is available in both applications.
The Outlook Extension has four discrete areas of functionality that each user can enable and configure separately:
- Email integration: For information on the email integration between Outlook and Autotask, refer to Transferring emails to Autotask.
- Time tracking: For information on entering time on Autotask tickets and tasks right from Outlook, refer to Entering time from Outlook.
- Contact integration: For information on synchronizing contact information between Outlook and Autotask, refer to Transferring contacts between Outlook and Autotask.
- Calendar integration: For information on integrating your Outlook and Autotask calendars, refer to Transferring calendar items between Outlook and Autotask.
Email integration and time tracking are enabled by default. Calendar and contact integration are both optional, and configurable. Each Autotask user can decide what Outlook information is to be shared with Autotask.
Downloading and configuration
The Autotask Outlook Extension supports the following versions:
- 32-bit: Outlook 2007/Outlook 2010/Outlook 2013/Outlook 2016/Outlook 2019
- 64-bit: Outlook 2010/Outlook 2013 (v3.1.7)/Outlook 2016/Outlook 2019
Outlook for Macs is not supported.
Other tools that integrate email, contacts, and calendar items with Autotask
Autotask offers additional tools that synchronize emails, contacts, and calendar items.
- The MS Exchange Extension is an Autotask extension that keeps your Autotask and MS Exchange calendar items and contacts in sync automatically. Autotask handles the updates directly to your MS Exchange Server so you have no add-on components or agents to install. Any updates to your MS Exchange Server will update any applications it serves: Outlook, Outlook Web Access (OWA), mobile Devices Your Autotask instance may be configured to use one of the following terms instead: Asset, Configuration Item, Installed Asset, Installed Product. or any application connected to MS Exchange. Refer to:
MS Exchange Extension information: The MS Exchange Extension
How the tools differ: Comparison between Outlook and Exchange
- To automatically convert emails from a Support Email Inbox, we recommend using our internal email parser, Incoming email processing.
- Autotask is able to automatically convert emails generated from Alert Monitoring (Remote Monitoring) tools into tickets. If the monitoring tool can be configured to append the XML token, you only need to enable the Autotask Add Ticket Email Service (ATES). Refer to The Add Ticket Email Service (ATES).